Search This Blog

Thursday, April 5, 2018

Our 5 Favorite Things About OMG's JinE in 2018






1. Hard-working Predebut Hyejin



Absolutely melted my heart when I first saw it. JinE had the longest training period of Oh My Girl members, being at least 4 years. She was obviously dedicated and a hard worker, and that looks great on a resume bitch!

2. Her Stan-Attracting Powers during "Liar Liar" Era


Watch out for that bat boogey! img sc

JinE was always amazing, but pink whale cemented her mythological status. She has the best and cutest facial expressions, and it's hard to stand out for your performance expressions when you are in a group with Seunghee.

Here is her talking explaining her association with pink whale:


And the pink whale will never die! Whales are used as symbols for wisdom, longevity, kindness and emotional healing. How perfect is it that we have this symbol of her that will always remain in Oh My Girl's videography, it was truly meant to be.


3. So Many Fancams & Fanservice




JinE is a professional at looking cute and pretty! Literally, she is paid to do it.

She is usually somewhat reserved d on television & varieties (or maybe she is just overshadowed by the rest of the bright OMG members! (but not always))), so fancams of her are always really special. There are quite a few that I consider super precious, especially when she had her short hair during and after "Windy Day" promotions, because I am mom and hate when bangs are in the way of girls' faces.



4. Her Love for Idol Culture, Members and Miracles



As fans and, let's face it, idol-wannabes ourselves, we love idols who love being idols. We don't i m m e d i a t e l y reject idols who are just trying to get their name out there so they can transition to becoming actresses or releasing bad R&B songs, but the greatest idols are the ones who really want to be there, and JinE was one of them.

When she left Oh My Girl in 2016, she wrote a handwritten letter to fans, thanking them for support during her time as an idol:
I always received so much love from Miracle and all my days spent as a member of OhMyGirl was like a dream for me. I am so sorry and thank you. [...]
I will go back to have an ordinary life as Shin Hye Jin and try different things that I can explore at my age. 
It is heartbreaking because I know how Miracle will feel about this decision, but the time spent as a member of OhMyGirl will stay forever as a precious memory. 
I hope to be remembered as the second eldest member of OhMyGirl, CCTV and a lovely vocal JinE who is always happy and healthy. It will be a big support for me thinking that Miracle is always cheering for me. 
OhMyGirl! Hyojung, Mihyun, Sia, Seunghee, Jiho, Yoobin and Yewon.. 
It is really good to look at you guys shining with unique colors, and growing together with Miracle who protects OhMyGirl with love. 
It was an incredible moment when we sang together on stage as OhMyGirl. I sometimes felt like crying because I was so touched… 
Sometimes my tears will drop because of all the memories that I will remember as a member of OhMyGirl, but I will always be cheering for OhMyGirl. 
I will no longer be JinE of OhMyGirl but please support me and my new dreams.and please show warm support and love to OhMyGirl. 
Sorry and thank you! Love you always
Read the full letter here, but I don't recommend it because I am crying already. Just know she said thank you!!

And, because I am the sappiest person ever, I hand-wrote a letter back:


5. Hyejin's Strong & Lovely Heart


Something I agree with about her departure from Oh My Girl comes, unfortunately, in the form of an Unpopular K-pop Confession:
Honestly, jine’s departure from omg wasn’t a surprise but what got me emotional was just thinking about everything she’s been through. She trained with wm the longest out of anyone in omg. She gave up a chunk of her youth to accomplish her dream. Being an idol was her DREAM. But she realized that though it was her dream, it wasn’t healthy for her and left. That’s so strong of her. Nothing hurts more than working towards something you’re passionate in and realizing that it just isn’t right for you.
It's hard to put in words how much admire her for being so honest and brave!!

I'm not 100% on sharing these pictures because she is Hyejin and not JinE, but as someone who has gone through similar struggles as her and is also working on recovery, pictures of her doing well in 2018 makes me heart infinitely warmer. Source here.




This post is dedicated to positive JinE vibes. If you want to learn about her struggle & why she left Oh My Girl, I recommend this video (CW for ED, weight loss, etc). But, overall, I actually recommend watching this one with cute JinE moments:


No comments:

Post a Comment