Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 27, 2018

6 Things From Kpop Q1 That You Must Not Miss Before it is Too Late!

My favorite discoveries/releases of 2018 Q1.



1. "Party after Party" by GOOD DAY




GOOD DAY actually released their first mini album ALL GOOD DAY with promotional track "Rolly" last fall, but I only got around to listening to it early this year. "Party After Party" is by far my favorite track, and I especially love this performance because it looks like its set in my old high school black box theatre with "costumes" from the girls' own wardrobes. Basically, it's true and real artpop.

Like WJSN, GOOD DAY is made up of multiple subunits: GOOD MORNING, GOOD NIGHT and MID NIGHT. MID NIGHT includes members Cherry, Viva and Chaesol, and is obviously the best unit because they release party anthems.

Anyway, GOOD DAY's Jiwon has garnered a following due to her super cute smile! Watch a clip from The Unit below:



2. "NO one but you" by HeyGirls



They may be hard to recognize, but HeyGirls is actually dance group BLACKQUEEN, who has been releasing dance covers since 2008. I actually did not realize this myself until after downloading this song, which is an epic-sounding, yet delicate love song. The harmonies are great, and it actually immediately reminded me of "Domino Game" because of its structure.



More and more dance groups are debuting as idols, but we're still holding out for Waveya!

What was another 2018 trend we loved? Plagiarism!

3. CLC dancing "Black Dress" with fans



This is just adorable. CLC came across a street performance of "Black Dress" and decided to join in!

4. Yoonhye's signature


This is technically old news, but I only learned this month and I love it, so I'm sharing. After some serious investigative journalism, I leaned Yoonhye writes her signature so that the two O's are big eyes.

From Rainbow_지숙 on twitter


5. Lee Byoung Hyeon - EMBER



I still cannot believe that this did not go viral. The video is definitely worth the watch, and the song is actually kind of sweet: "I met you and the world was different."

Learn about another idol that you can't miss this 2018 - Our Star JooE!

6. This gif

No comments:

Post a Comment